Along with other forms of medicine, dentistry is constantly evolving. Advances in modern dentistry mean shorter recovery times, less discomfort during treatments, and more effective procedures. Offices that continually keep up with scientific research and apply that knowledge are said to practice “advanced dentistry.” Maidu Dental in Auburn, CA is one such office.
Maidu Dental’s Advanced Dentistry Options
We employ the latest techniques and technology to ensure that you always receive quality care. Among the techniques and advanced equipment we regularly use are:
- Digital x-rays: Our x-rays are taken digitally. This allows for a 90 percent reduction of transmitted radiation. Beyond being safer, digital x-rays allow our doctors to manipulate images while viewing them at high contrast. Accuracy and better diagnosing are improved.
- Intraoral camera: An intraoral camera allows our doctors to take high-quality photos of your teeth in order to spot hard-to-see areas of decay or infection.
- Digital impressions: Digital impressions replace messy, uncomfortable dental impressions. Our impressions can be taken with a handheld digital wand. The images can be pulled together to create an accurate three-dimensional onscreen model.
Other advanced tools we use include computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and laser dentistry.
What Is Full Mouth Restoration?
Many of our advanced dentistry tools are used during full mouth restoration. The multifaceted approach to correcting multiple dental problems (such as cracked or broken teeth or advanced tooth decay) uses several restorative treatments at once to maximize your smile’s transformation while reducing overall recovery time.
When deciding if full mouth restoration is right for you, one of our doctors may consider these factors:
- The severity of your dental defects
- Need for dental work that goes beyond cosmetics
- Your oral health
- Signs of advanced gum disease
- Jawbone density
If you are found to be a good candidate for full mouth restoration, one of our doctors may recommend two or more of the following treatments.
- Dental fillings
- Dental crowns
- Root canal treatment
- Tooth extractions
- Dental implants
Why Should I Consider Full Mouth Restoration?
If you are experiencing advanced decay, damaged teeth, or missing teeth, postponing treatments will only lead to further oral health problems. Missing teeth can lead to jawbone recession and an undesirable “caved-in” look. By addressing all of your oral health problems in one session, you can prevent down-the-road complications while attaining a more beautiful smile.
Restorative treatments like dental implants, dentures, or crowns can allow you to chew efficiently and speak clearly. Beyond the tangible benefits of restoring missing teeth, there are also the intangible benefits (such as boosted self-esteem) that can follow a full mouth restoration.
By choosing to undergo oral surgery at Maidu Dental, you’ll benefit from our advanced dental technology. Our Comfort Control Syringe, for example, is an innovative alternative to injections. Our laser dentistry option is a pain-free treatment that removes damaged portions of your tooth.
Learn More About How Our Advanced Dentistry Technology Can Serve You
Dr. David Markham offers advanced dentistry options at our Auburn, CA practice. Whether you undergo dental implant treatments, tooth extraction, or another restorative procedure, you’re in good hands. Dr. Markham is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and has lived and worked in the area for over 12 years. If you’re looking for a more beautiful smile, give us a call today (530-823-8771) to schedule your orthodontic consultation.