The health of your family is extremely important, but visiting multiple doctors and dentists isn’t always convenient. Between soccer games, school projects, and work, how does anyone find the time for regular dental cleanings and exams? When you have a family dentist, dental care for your entire family becomes much more feasible!
Dentists like Dr. Luminita Markham understand the need for convenient dental care. That’s why we provide a friendly environment, comprehensive services, and the latest dental technology all in one place.
Searching for a great family dentist near you? Look for these three qualities and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
1. A Welcoming Environment
Sadly, the dentist’s office isn’t a happy place for many people. Your family dentist should make every effort to change that! You should feel welcome and wanted from the moment you walk in the door to the time you leave.
While the look and feel of a dentist’s office is essential to a warm atmosphere, how the dental team treats your family is of utmost importance. At Maidu Dental, we strive to treat each patient as a member of our family. Our approach is a unique blend of modern dental techniques and old-fashioned, personal relationships.
Pay attention to how you feel after leaving your first dental appointment. Ask yourself these questions:
- Am I happier now than when I arrived?
- Did the dentist and dental team try to get to know me?
- How were my children treated?
- Did the dentist explain things in a way that was easy to understand?
Your answers to these questions should determine whether you return to that dentist’s office.
2. Comprehensive Care
Where do you go when your child needs a cavity filled, you need your teeth whitened, and your partner needs a dental crown? A family dentist!
Family dentists are highly trained in all areas of dentistry so your whole family can receive the care they need in the same place on the same day.
Here’s a breakdown of the services we provide at Maidu Dental:
- Preventive: regular dental cleanings, oral exams, dental sealants, fluoride treatments, and mouth guards
- Restorative: fillings, dental crowns, bridges, dentures, root canal treatment, tooth extractions, dental implants
- Cosmetic: porcelain veneers, composite bonding, teeth whitening
- Orthodontic: metal braces, clear braces, Invisalign®
- Periodontal: scaling and root planing and periodontal laser therapy
- Sleep apnea and snoring treatments
Not all family dentists will offer the same treatments, so make sure you check out their website for a list of services they provide.
3. Advanced Dental Technology
A family dentist who stays up to date with the latest dental technology is one who prioritizes patient safety, comfort, and convenience. New advancements in dentistry allow dentists to treat oral health issues in an efficient and conservative way.
Check to see if the dentist offers some or all of these advanced dental technologies:
- Digital X-rays
- Intraoral camera
- Digital impressions
- Comfort Control™ Syringe
- Oral Cancer Screening
- DIAGNOdent™ Laser Cavity Screening
- Laser Dentistry
Find Safe, Convenient Dental Care Today
Making dental care a priority for your family will lower the risk of oral and overall health problems in the future. Start with Google, look for these three qualities, and make a couple of phone calls to find the perfect family dentist near you.
To schedule an initial consultation with our compassionate dental team, call (530) 823-8771.