Many patients who are missing several or all of their teeth begin to consider dental implant treatment at some point. Implant overdentures are an excellent choice for those desiring more stability and security. However, patients who are deficient in strong, dense jawbone do not qualify for traditional dental implant treatment. For cases such as this, the All-on-4 treatment concept is a wonderfully effective option. At Maidu Dental, our general dentist – Dr. Luminita Markham – offers this revolutionary treatment for eligible patients.
About the All-on-4 Treatment Concept
The All-on-4 method restores an entire arch of missing teeth with a fixed prosthesis using only four dental implants. This revolutionary treatment is performed by placing two implants vertically toward the front of the jaw, and two implants at a 45-degree angle toward the back of the jaw. Because this strategic placement maximizes the existing jawbone, this treatment method is an excellent option for patients suffering from bone deterioration. Typically, those who have previously been told they do not qualify for dental implant treatment can now experience full mouth restoration with this innovative technique.
This treatment modality requires extensive planning and diagnostics. In turn, this technique can restore a patient’s dentition so they are comfortable eating and are proud to smile. A popular advantage of this procedure is the fast treatment timeline, which is much quicker than the traditional implant process. After the surgical procedure, most patients will be able to leave the office with their new fixed teeth in place!
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
The All-on-4 treatment concept can offer significant improvement in your overall quality of life. Benefits include:
- Stability: Because the fixed prosthesis is attached to dental implants, there is minimal shifting or movement. For most of our patients, this is a vast improvement when compared to traditional dentures.
- Non-Removable Option: In contrast to implant overdentures, this fixed option offers a permanent solution. Therefore, you can eat, chew, and speak with complete confidence.
- No Bone Grafting: The majority of patients who receive All-on-4 dental implants will not require bone grafting.
- More Affordable: This treatment uses only four implants per arch. Therefore, it is much more affordable when compared to implant-supported dentures or overdentures, which can require up to eight implants per arch.
- Improved Confidence: This treatment provides a lifelike, natural-looking smile. Patients who receive All-on-4 implants can chew effortlessly and speak with confidence.
- Excellent Success Rate: Recent studies and research have confirmed that All-on-4 dental implants provide long-term results. In fact, with proper care and maintenance, they can last a lifetime.
- Improved Oral Health: Because dental implants stimulate the jawbone just like natural teeth, they help preserve bone density and prevent bone resorption over time.
Am I a Candidate?
While All-on-4 treatment is an outstanding option for some patients, not everyone is a candidate. The only way to explore your eligibility is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Markham. Fortunately, she has the advanced training and experience necessary to help you discover which dental implant-based treatment modality would provide you with the best chance of success.
Contact Our Office Today
If you have questions about restorative dentistry or if you want to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, Dr. Markham offers a complimentary implant consultation. Please contact our Auburn, CA office to schedule an appointment at (530) 823-8771.